Now is a great time to become a Massage Therapist!
Massage therapy is growing by leaps and bounds and has become a well respected health care profession, yet it remains under recognized for what it has to offer you as a career path. If you’re looking for a vocation that provides a true connection to people, diversity, autonomy, fulfillment, and possibilities, massage therapy may well be the career you’ve been searching for. Employment for massage therapists is expected to increase 20% within the next few years, faster than average for all occupations, making massage therapy one of the fastest growing fields in healthcare.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Editions.
Cortiva Institute – A national community of Massage Therapy schools.
When the field of formal massage therapy education began its resurgence almost 30 years ago, several extraordinary schools emerged to shape the profession. A select group of these leading institutions now form Cortiva Institute. With over 200 years of collective experience, our award-winning faculty offers an opportunity to learn from the experts in this field.
While each school contributes a unique history, the common Cortiva heritage is evident. In all, it reflects an unwavering dedication to high standards and best practices, to caring human relationships and to the healing power of touch.
We take a holistic and integrated approach to ensure that our graduates are prepared to work in clinics, hospitals, health clubs, spas, resorts, sports therapy clinics, or start their own private practices.
Cortiva schools have established benchmarks of quality, producing qualified and successful professionals with the necessary skills for a career in massage therapy.
1. Cortiva Institute is a unique community of massage therapy schools led by some of the most experienced pioneers in the field.
2. Our curriculum is a best-practices approach created by the core faculty of all of our schools.
3. Instructors at our schools are professionals who work in their own practices, write articles and books, and present at national conferences.
4. We offer a balanced learning approach that includes a foundation in science, plenty of supervised hands-on practice and professional development skills.
5. We are committed to supporting our students from the moment they apply, by helping them make sure Cortiva is right for them and by streamlining their admissions process.
6. Financial Aid and Scholarships are available to those who qualify.
7. Massage Therapy will never go out of style! In a relatively short period of time you can develop skills that will serve you a lifetime.
8. As a national community we offer graduates access to a job board that lists opportunities in cities, elite spas and resorts across the country and around the world.
9. Take our Continuing Education courses and enjoy a rewards program while getting CE credits you need and want to continually refine your skills.
10. Join Cortiva faculty and graduates in a collective vision dedicated to high standards and best practices, to caring human relationships, and to the healing power of touch.
Financial Aid & Scholarships.
All Cortiva Institute massage schools are proud to offer federal financial aid and scholarships programs to those who qualify. At Cortiva we have also developed a variety of other student finance options. We understand that the process of finding and applying for that aid can be overwhelming. Our financial team can help you identify your options, walk you through the forms, and guide you through the process.
Your education is one of the most important investments you can make. Some of the options include:
- Federally subsidized financial aid, including grants and loans
- Student payment plans
- Sallie Mae Career Training Loan
Approvals, Memberships and Scholarships.
Licensing and Accreditation: Each location is independently licensed in the state in which it operates and is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
Financial Aid: Approved to participate in Federal Student Financial Assistance Programs.
Veterans: Many locations are approved for the training of veterans and eligible veterans’ dependents.
Continuing Education: Approved as a Continuing Education Provider by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
Associations: Member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) and the Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals (ABMP).
Where do Graduates Work?
At Cortiva Institute, we have graduated thousands of people who have turned what they learned into a passport to fascinating places and meaningful experiences. Today, our alumni are utilizing their skills:
- in private practices
- with integrative teams in clinics and hospitals
- in world-class spas and resorts
- backstage on Broadway
- on tour with professional athletes
- by participating in medical research
- working with doctors and chiropractors assisting cancer patients by volunteering their services to people in need in remote parts of the world from Antarctica to South-Asia
- teaching at different massage schools throughout the country and the world.
Graduates received the necessary education to succeed at Cortiva Institute, where a passion for the healing power of the body has been a way of life from the beginning.