Ready to take the ultimate step in career education? From public health to executive business administration, an online doctorate gives you the credentials you need to become an expert in your field, without requiring the financial and quality-of-life sacrifices of a traditional PhD program.
The Online PhD
Build your expertise and qualify for top jobs in government, academia and the nonprofit sector, all from the comfort of your home. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that doctorate holders earn nearly $74,000 per year on average.
Find Schools that offer Doctoral Programs. Use the School Finder.
Do I Need an Online PhD?
These top-quality, challenging degrees require a lot of commitment and offer a lot of rewards. They are best for people who:
- Aspire to careers at the top of their fields
- Have developed solid communications and critical thinking skills
- Are able to devote several years of study to their goals
- Prefer a flexible class schedule
- Are self-motivated, independent learners
- Want to prepare for high-level, leadership positions
- Are interested in careers in government, academia and the non-profit world
Who Might Need a PhD?
- Anyone who is passionate enough about something to devote his/her career to it
- Someone who wants to become a tenured college professor or university dean
- Anyone who wants to become an expert and/or a consultant in his/her field
- A government employee who wants to move up the career ladder
- A nonprofit employee who aspires to run the organization